Missed her for 132 hours.....

Wednesday 5 June 2013




 10/11/11

 

I placed my shoes in shoe stand and entered into home. Mom and dad looked at me with a disbelief. I left in the morning to the temple with my bro. he made me to visit each and every temple located around 8 kilometer radius. My forehead was covered by various types of vermilions. My legs were paining after making hundreds of rounds around the idols. I want to sleep like dead to recharge my energy. My mom started laughing looking at my attire. Am a atheist with vermilion on my forehead. I dumped 8 half broken coconuts on the table and left to my room. i slept for 14 hours.

I woke up  next day and attended my class. This time I was given the drawing of crankshaft, cam shaft. Am sure in next few days, I will be asked to draw total parts of car. I came back home after my class.

My dad was busy with his research on hindu newspaper. My mom was in kitchen. I identified by the grinder sound coming from kitchen. And my bro in his room with a heap of books. His exams were nearing. I changed myself and came out for a casual chat. After you finish your studies, no you cant have a casual chat with your parents.

‘ There are internship openings in B*EL. Have you applied for it.’

‘No, I will do it. I need to get the form,’ I said surfing tv channels.

‘I brought a form, fill it and apply it in HRD office tomorrow,’ he took out form from his back and handed it to me.

I came back to my room in order to avoid further discussion about my job. I logged into gmail. Greshma’s status was “ in meeting leave a msg at my desk”. I flipped the form, I filled it and kept aside. For the next few hours, I kept busy drawing random engine parts. After that watched a movie to kill time. Just before the climax, a msg popped up.

‘ hey hi, just came from meeting. The clients are horrible. Need to spoon feed them everything.

‘hmm.. that’s what your are paid for,’ I said to irritate her more.

‘apart from pay, I get some awards for my work. Today I got Associate Of The Month award J,’

‘wow congrats,’

‘not only award, appraisal is also on the way,’ she said with a pose,’

‘woww congrats, so you owe me 2 treats,’

‘wait, I have another last one for you… u knw frm today i erased him cmpltly frm my mind J J,’ she said in conclusive tone.

‘this is a great news. So total 3 treats’ I said in delight.

‘This is just because of you. I owe u a lottt. Every one is happy now. Even my parents are glad to see me happy. This is just because of you.,’

‘Hey, don’t be so emotional. I just stood beside you. Its you who gave your best in everything.’

‘ You are so down to earth. This I what I love in you,’

‘you are welcome,’

J my friends has planned a trip to tirupathi. I want you to join us. The trip is for 5 days and it would be fun if u too join us,’

‘no I said instantly,’ a trip with her friends that too with girls. No way. I would prefer going to Mars than going out with girls.

‘ yeah I expected this answer. I know you are scared of girls but I will be with you so no need to panic. She said trying to convince me. but I was adamant.

The next day she left for her trip. I bid her bye. I left for my class. Engineering subjects can give you best ever hangover when compared to alcohol.  In addition to it, my dad satsang on my career gave me mental trauma. Days were too boring. No greshma no chat. No power during day time. ( in Andhra Pradesh we celebrate “Earth hour” for every 4 hours).

After 132 hours, she was back online.

“hi how are you. I missed you a lot” these were her first words after 132 hours. Atlast I have some girl who miss my company.

“I too missed u a lot. It was like survival in desert with out having a talk with you.,’ I opened up.

J no need to worry now am back,”

“ so how was your trip”

“ was good. the climate was too good. we enjoyed a lot”

“ so what else”

“ I got a call from a company. I got short listed for a job”

“ oh that’s great so when is the interview”

“ I have a final telephonic round. And job posting is in Pune”

Her last word took away my smile. Soon she gonna leave.

“ oh ya congrats. And all the best ok I have some work you carry on,’ I lied to her.

I took off my headset and starting thinking why am feeling that I will be missing something. Wait am I over reacting? What If she gets a job. If she makes it, that means no mid night chats, no fun in short n life. in the godly hour am fighting with my conscience when the whole world is slept. In heart I was praying that she should get job. The next moment I prayed she should fail in last round.

                                                                                                to be continued...

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment