Realization...

Wednesday 17 April 2013


3rd year

          We stepped into 3rd year so did our backlogs. There was a lot of change in the atmosphere in college. Our heads were occupied with backlogs & girls. This time, Chetan was in love with a girl of CSE.( love for 2nd time.) Sid was having a “just a friend” type affair with a class girl. Nik was in serious relationship with his schoolmate. Even Balu too got a girlfriend. I was left alone. But happy. This time we had tough subjects compared to 2nd year. For the first time I took out my syllabus book to look what minimum academic requirements to get into 4th year. 

          ‘I got enough complaints from other disciplines on your class. So am shifting your class to the last building of the campus.’ Our H.O.D said in a fedup tone.
          Others packed their bags and I took up my notebook ( I used a single note book for all subjects ) and started walking towards the new class.

          ‘ The new class is just beside the canteen, we can barge into canteen when ever we can in just 2 minutes,’ Sid said in anxiety.  We three gave him a dirty look which we to a eve teaser in bus.

The building was left half constructed with no paint on walls. No other classes were present in that building. We were the only class present. Our class was on 1st floor and drawing labs & library was present on the 2nd floor. We were separated from whole D*R campus as if were migrants from other college.

This campus helped my pals a lot. There were a lot of empty class rooms in the building. Each couple occupied a room and singles used the rooms for sleeping. We used the corridor to play cricket. Totally, the building was recreation park. Mean while, Everyone escalated to Smart Android phones. Mobile internet in our phones came to our salvage. Some glued to Cricinfo and some buried themselves in Facebook. You cant keep technology away from college students. 

We were in Thermal Engineering Lab. My team mates were busy in performance test on 2-stroke & 4-stroke engines.  I was waiting for them to complete their task so that I can copy those readings.  Kiran, the tallest guy in our class was hiding his Mobile phone and like a retard he was smiling looking at the screen. I snatched away his phone.

SINDHU : OH Sweetie, so sweet of u. So what else…
Sindhu. Who is she?
‘Friend from 2nd year.’
“So Sweetie, what’s going onn,” I asked him teasingly.
“nothing, she just ran out of balance in her mobile so I shared my balance with her.”
What an act of Balancing. The word “Sweetie” cost him 100 bucks. Sweetie continued his smile for rest of the hour. 

One thing what I noticed in common when a girl and a boy talks on phone is “WHAT ELSE”. This 2 words occupies major portion in conversation. Soon after the lunch hour, my friends message their respective girl friends “Had you lunch”?
Why they won’t do the same with their parents? Why can’t they call their mom and ask or message their dad ? No one can answer this question.

Apart from love stories, everyone started to concentrate on career now. Some joined autocad, hypermesh classes and some other joined catia. Some people went ot next level, they started learning testing tools, java etc.,

We finished our 3-1 sem exams. This time we wrote some relevant answers. I cleared with 63% and cleared my previous supplementary exams too. So did my friends.
Wait… nightmares never end for our engineering students.
“ Mini projects has to be submitted before 18th of this month.”
“List of students failed to meet the minimum academic attendence requirements.”

I was in top 10 list. My 3 other friends shared 13th, 18th, 19th places.
These 2 lines on notice board gave shivers to everyone. Coz no one has finalised their mini project topic. But we engineering students have special powers. We can make miracles in just one night. We sucessfully completed our project work with the help of almighty Google help. One nightmare ended. Next comes lack of attendence. As some one said “Money makes many things happen.” Its absolutely true.  A stipulated fee was collected from us towards condonation of shortage of attendence. The sum of 1500 rupees took our attendence percentage of 32% to 73%.

The time has arrived for the final play. Lab externals. The place where every student acts equal to Ranbeer kapoor and Priyanka chopra of Barfi. The best place for the lecturers to screw us. They make the best use of 3 hours to take revenge.

You can only hear one line being repeated now and then “You are unfit to be engineer”
 A viva isn’t meant to test our knowledge. It is a chance for bitter teachers who did not want to become teachers to vent their frustration on you. Respect their feelings. Smile a lot. And say thank you in the end.
Then comes the final exams. First,We make a queue outside the book stall to buy all in one. Next, we make a queue at xerox center to make micro xerox of important answers.
We follow the great Abraham Lincoln words.. in his words “ If I had 9 hours to cut down a tree, I would spend 6 hours sharpening my axe” in the same way. “If we have 9 days for the exam, we spend 7 days to prepare micro xerox” though I never dared to copy in such way. But it worked for others.
A night before exam we start calculating the weight-age of each unit.

We gave our final exams.
Common Engineering Dialogues After a paper :
a) ‘What is this yaar, more than 70% of the paper was out of the syllabus’
b) ‘This was the worst paper set in the entire engineering history’
c) ‘I am failing….I got flunked royally’


Things I learned in 3rd year…
1.)  I Never Believed , I Could Smile at Professor Who Screwed My life
But Engineering Taught Me to.
2.)  I Never Believed, I Could Study 1000 pages In 1 Night
But Engineering Taught Me to.
I Never Believed,I Could Write 36 Pages In 3 Hrs
But Engineering Taught Me to.

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment