The Day I met her....

Sunday 19 May 2013


       March 17 2011..  the day I met her….







I was at home. Bunked my college on project work. Was
searching material for my subjects. A message ‘ Hi kushal’ flashed on my screen. It was she.  Her name is Greshma.(name changed). She works for an Investment Company. She was my classmate in school. I never spoke to her in school as she came from  section 'A' while we all got shuffled according to our marks. She was in my orkut but I never spoke to her.
I replied Hi in return. ( she already sent hi for 3 times ).  We had a formal chat like where do you work, where do you stay etc., etc., I was talking to a girl after 4 years. I was a bit uncomfortable. \
All of a sudden ‘9052******’ here is my mobile number. Give me yours,’ she said.
It was unexpected act from her. Left with no choice I gave mine. She said she would message me on my phone. Another unexpected thing. I gave a lame excuse that I can’t reply to you as mine is postpaid message costs me double. Such a dumb ass I was. She logged off. I was back to my work.
‘Happy holi’, I messaged her on facebook. Seconds later, ‘ Wish you the same’, she replied.
Our conversation began formally from family backgrounds to friends. Her father and Brother were working in other state and she lives with her mom. In no time it became quite relaxed talk.
‘ Am joining music class and want to learn playing guitar’ she said.
          ‘Great’, I replied trying to concentrate on my project work and chat simultaneously.
          ‘The chat is slow, greshma.g@gmail.com. Here is my gmail id. Add me and we can chat there’, she said.
I was surprised again. Girls are too fast. I added her.
          Japan earth quake and our exam date came on same day. I kept myself busy studying for my exams. It’s my last chance to get first class in engineering.
‘So how is your preparation going on’, she asked as soon as I logged into gmail.
‘Not bad’ said i. To take a break from studies, I changed the topic to personal interests and hobbies.
          ‘Today is my birthday’, I said. “Really..? why dint you say in the morning. Is this the time to say”, she shouted on me as if I have done some mistake.
“ok, happy birthday, and you owe me choc’,she wished at last. We touched various things like latest movies, friends, college days. 99% of our interests and thoughts matched perfectly.
‘Ok then I have to complete my work”, she said and she logged out to join the meeting.

My exams started and I concentrated on exams. And I completed them successfully. I logged into my mail. I saw unread chats. Those were from greshma. She wished me for my exams. So nice of her.
‘Hi, how r u, completed ur exams, how did u write ur exams’, she fired all this questions as soon I logged into chat. Since then we became too close. This was the first time I am talking I hadn’t seen yet.
From various issues we got struck at love & marriage topic.
‘I got a match for me from my mother’s side. HDFC manager,’ she said. But I don’t want to get married so soon and that to with unknown person so called arrange marriage she added.
          I agreed with her point. In my view arrange marriages are worthless. You have 10 minutes of formal chat. Another 10 minutes to decide on dowry. In just 20 minutes, u get sold out yourself to others.
        So do you love someone’, I asked out of anxiety. “Noo, I dint but got some proposals from some boys. I rejected them all. And to be precise, my father doesn’t approve for love marriage. My parents are pretty conservative.”
‘I think you love a girl and she……’ she asked hesitatingly. I was taken back by her question ‘ Yes I did. She left me for some other boy and It took 2 years to come out of it,’ I gave her enough information in a single sentence.
For the next half an hour I described her everything. Till now no one know about it even my best friends. She was the first and the last.
‘ Such a Bitch! How can she do that being a girl. I sure you would get the best girl in future,’ she said emotionally. I was taken back by the ‘B’ word. Chalo, someone has been moved by my story.
Since then we became much closer. We shared our secrets too. We discussed, debated on several personal issues. But end of the day, we would compromise with each other views.
          For the next 5 days I was busy with hectic work. There was no time to come online. But I was missing her. I was desperate to talk with her. And on 6th day, I came online.
‘Hi sir, r u der?
‘ U der’?
‘I think ur busy these days. Ok carry on’
‘ Dude…..??? L L
Her offline messages filled my inbox. I was happy as there is someone who remember me.
‘Am ready to fall in love. Searching for true love’, with 3 love symbols and 4 smiles.. was her first line as I pinged her. ( even god can’t understand girls)
‘What made u to decide this?
‘It’s you. After I heard ur story, I want to feel love. So decided to find a guy’.
‘So r u sure?  You said ur father don’t agree for a love marriage? I asked to make conformation. ‘Yes, but I will love the guy from my caste. So that there wont be any problem. And  the hunt starts nowwwww….and here is my small list of qualities…
‘He should love me a lot.
‘He should be ready to do anything for m.
‘He should treat me like princess’.
‘He should blah blah blah…
………………………
…………………………
………………………….
………………………….
…………………………..
‘I want a person with all this qualities. She said.
There were about 37 qualities she mentioned. She needs a customized boy.
I laughed at her innocence. Her innocence has left its mark in my mind.
          All alone in my room, I was smiling recollecting her list of qualities. Girls look dumb but they have their plans and back up plans for their life. Intelligent homo sapiens.
……………………………………………………………………….......................
          ‘How am I looking? Did u like my pic?’ It was her birthday. I wished her on her phone. She posted her pic in facebook. And as usual there was a rain of likes and comments in her profile. Most of them were from boys. Some boys took birth only to click Like on all the girls pics in their profile and some are born to comment “U LOOK GRT.. PLZZZ ADD ME AS UR FRND, ACCEPT MY FRND REQUEST”. I really appreciate hard work of such boys. They give equal importance to every girl.
          I took a look at her pic. She draped a green color saree. With matching bangles and nail polish. She was holding a pink teddy in her hand. Three other teddies of various sizes were in background.
          ‘hello, r u der? How do I look?’ she was eagerly waiting for my compliments.
          “U look like a brand ambassador for eco-green products in total green,”
          L
          J I was kidding and u look good in saree” I said to bring a smile on her face. And the matter of fact is, we boys go crazy when we see a girl in saree.
          “Hey look at this….
“A shocking study by the Centre for Global Health Research has revealed that nearly 12 million girl children have been aborted in the last three decades in India. What is worse is over half of them, that is, six million were killed in just the last decade, clearly showing that selective abortions are on the rise in 21st century India.”
“See how shameless we Indians are” she stood aghast so did i. I read the whole article. The whole page was filled with harassments faced by women in rural areas.
“See this is our position in India. Where we get killed in womb because am a girl”. her words were filled with frustration and helplessness.
“ok bye. I want to be alone” and she signed off.
I laid on my bed i.e the boxing ring and the match started between brain & heart.  A girl was raped by 4 members for 15 days and the village panchayat has just asked the convicts to pay a fine of 15,000. So the cost of a girl’s life is 15,000. My head was aching. I was on my bed but I killed those convicts for 5 times in my mind .Another report said the ratio of men-women in India is 1000:923. Now I came to know why boys compete to click like on girls pic & comments. They have a reason. My blood was rushing down my body.
          I dozed off.
.............................................................................................................................

‘hi .. how are you.’ I pinged her.
‘I sprained my ankle. Working from home.’
‘ When & how. Have u consulted the doctor or not? I asked with utmost concern.
‘Chill. It’s only a small sprain. And u know what my bandage is very colorful. Wait I will send u the pic of my leg.’  Sent.
I opened the attachment. Her leg was totally wrapped by blue color bandage. This time she changed her nail polish to blue to match her bandage color.
            ‘Need to take rest for another 2 weeks’ she said in low tone.
‘I have deactivated my Fb account,’ I said to change the topic. And as expected the pour of questions started.
            ‘Why, what for. Any serious issue. What will u do without facebook,’ she asked as if I decided to quit breathing.
            ‘Nothing, I just want to see whether I can withstand without fb or not,’ I said. I have seen people and my friends addicted to facebook. It was like drug to a drug addict.
For the next few hours, she gave introduction about her colleagues and how they spent their break time. About her recent events in her office. Etc., etc.,
            ‘Ok dear, I have to sleep now. It’s too late u too sleep. Its 4am.’
I looked at my monitor time. It was 4.05am. We spoke all the night and I dint even know when the time passed. We wished good night to each other and left the chat.
                                                                               To be continued....

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment