Getting into world called Engineering...

Sunday 24 March 2013



I still remember the day 30 oct 2007. Our car took a turn from a sign board showing D*R College of Engineering  & Technology.  As I got down, I saw students coming out of their respective classes for their lunch. As usually I was late.  Late in  taking admission ( I was late by two months, the academic year has already started and lecturers might have completed their first schedule. )

“ So you came for seat in Mechanical branch ,“ asked  a person in mid 60’s with white shirt and a black formal pant with a sports shoe beneath.  His was the principal of the college.  Mr. Laxmipathi.  “Yes sir “,I replied in a  lower tone.  “ Why only this college” was his next question while I was busy thinking what on earth made him to wear a sports shoe on formals. “Pardon me, Sir.. ,”I said. “What made you to think about this college,”  asked principal this time in a firm tone. 
“One of my Cousin is studying here, so  I came to know about this college from him” I said. (But the actual truth was my 6 digit EAMCET Rank 1,24,751 made me to join this college. )
1,24,751. As soon as I saw my rank. I called Sri dhar & Sumanth. Sri & Sumanth are my best friends since schooldays. Sri & I joined the same intermediate collage and Sumanth joined in other collage which was just a lane away from my collage.
 First I called sri to ask his rank. He asked about my rank. I said my 6 digit rank. Later he told his rank. He got a better rank than me. Next I called Sumanth, his rank was below 40,000. So I stood in first place from last.  Immediately, before my dad’s arrival, I rushed to Sri’s home. I was scared that what would my parents say when they hear my rank. I called to my dad and revealed my rank.  To my surprise, dad dint scold me. Instead he said not to feel sad about it and asked me to come home.
In the next one hour, I filled all the forms, submitted my certificates, my passport size photos and at last signed on a  5 page Rules & Regulations booklet. I was issued a ID card of the college after the final payment was done. And my fate was sealed. And my ID was 07401A0330. ( it surpassed my eamcet rank. )
I was instructed to have a look at the campus.
By the time I came out of Mr. principal’s office.  Students returned to their classes. It was a vast campus covering some 5 acres of land with buildings, laboratories and workshops. It was ok for a student like me who scored a rank in lack. Sri tried a lot to get into the same college but he got a seat in T** College and Sumanth got seat in D*k College. For the first time, we settled in 3 different directions.
 


Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment